Friday, September 01, 2006

Mamma Hates Being a Slacker

Sorry Mamma readers (if there are any of you left) it's been a while since the last post. It's summer--what can I say. Life got busy with nothing that I can remember now, but it was busy. Oh yeah, there was a vacation/family reunion which supplied more than enough stories which are best ignored. Been considering a possible change with work--but who cares about that. And meanwhile, my house just gets dirtier each day.

I'd love to be one of those people who kept a perfect house--okay I'd settle for neat. I've never been good at neat. I get too overwhelmed and just don't know where to begin. And if I manage to get one place in order, it all just goes to pot within days. Don't get me wrong. I like order. I like a clean house, ironed clothes, being able to find things instantly. It's just that I can't seem to organize myself in that way. Now at work, I'm neat. Papers are filed, desk is relatively neat, plants are watered. I think it's because there isn't too much there to get out of order. The job of maintaining order doesn't seem overwhelming. But in my house? My bedroom? It's not pretty. I truly hate this fact about myself. So you'd think I'd do something about it. But I HATE to clean. I'd much rather spend my time doing about a million other things. Like what?

Here's just a short list:

  • reading
  • playing with my kids
  • relaxing, gardening
  • shopping
  • surfing the web
  • watching TV
  • seeing a movie
  • visiting with friends
  • getting a pedicure
  • going to the dentist
  • getting a pap smear

You get the point? I need help!! I've tried Fly Lady (too much email), books (they're just cluttering my shelves), my mom (I can't take the disappointment). Anyone have any good ideas? That don't involve hiring someone? Right now that's a discussion with my dh that is going nowhere!!!

Okay, I promise more entries. I just haven't felt very witty and haven't wanted to make anyone suffer through my boring observations. Well, there have been a few chucklers, but you all might think I've gone off the deep end if I really shared them.

0 Deserve Mamma's Love: