Thursday, July 27, 2006

Getting Old

I just put it together today that my co-worker, someone I consider a colleague, was born when I was a freshman in highschool. If he had lived in my neighborhood, I would have been his babysitter. In just a few more years that means I will be working with people I could have given birth to. OH MY GOD!!

I didn't think I had an age thing. I don't feel old on the inside. But this has thrown me for a bit of a loop. This same co-worker remarked at my wedding picture the other day that I looked "sooo young" in it. Well, that was only seven years ago. There is probably more resemblance between how I looked in my college ID and that wedding photo than there is between that wedding photo and me today. What have I taken away from this? That I NEED to get the outside of me to look more like the person I feel like on the inside.

Now I'm not talking about plastic surgery (at least not yet--I mean who wouldn't love their boobs to be where they were before children?). I mean that I need to get in shape, to lose more weight. I think being heavier makes me look older. Or maybe it's the massive lack of selfish sleep you get to have before you have a family--that does it too. I don't know. It's probably a good thing that I figured this out now. I've been off my fairly successful new eating regime for a few weeks and I needed something to kick my ass into getting back to it.

My problem is that I just love food so much. I love being in the middle of an oreo cookie milk shake. You know when you still have about half left, so you can carelessly enjoy each sip before you begin to realize there are only a few sips left and it would be just too gluttonous to order a second? Hmmm...I think I have a problem with food. I love it too much.

0 Deserve Mamma's Love: