Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So I'll Remember the Answer Later

In a few years, when eldest son is looking through his "School Days" book and asks why it smells the answer is "I don't know" NOT that his littlest brother peed all over it when left for three minutes without a pull-up.

What? He said he "tried his hardest" to pee ten minutes earlier.

Oh yeah, and for all you worrying potty-training parents out there, he'll be four in a few months.

13 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Unknown said...

Oh, God. I hate potty training. Nobody told me how hard that was. Nobody. I was worried about changing diapers. I had no idea about that.

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!

Whit said...

FYI, we never stop peeing on stuff.

K said...

L was almost 4 as well when it finallllly clicked. He just didn't want to do it! I dread it with M!

Nancy said...

Yellowed wavy pages?

Oh, they published it that way on purpose ... artsy!

Anonymous said...

I know. I just know.

Mrs. Fussy Fussypants said...

For years my comfort is that pee is sterile! )

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Oh wow.

Anonymous said...

It was good enough for Ghandi to drink....

Lawyer Mama said...

My favorite is when Hollis pees on the floor, comes to tell me, hands me a towel and says "I cleaned it up, Mommy" and I have to guess where he peed. Glad I'm not alone.

Paige Jennifer said...

My sister has a multi-million dollar house and in the slate floored powder room, the one with 14ft ceilings and a granite sink is a little potty training thing for the kids. Because the nanny is THAT good, no one uses it. But without fail, when I wash my hands I end up dropping the towel in it. Every. Fucking. Time. And it cheers.

Yay me!

Happy Thanksgiving Mamma!

Paige said...

For what little it is worth, potty training has officially given me whiplash: "Oh, she's wearing panties! Oh, she's demanding diapers again! Oh she's using the potty with a ton of consistency! Oh, she wants no part of it!"

kris said...

Sweet Lord. Although Bug only has THREE LEGS, at least he always goes in the box. Thanksgiving, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Can't you blame the wrinkled, yellow papers on the cat? Oldest will understand! And think of the alternative explanation where potty training is concerned (what mommy, did someone drop chocolate on my book?....was that too graphic?)

To all of Mamma's family (wasn't that a great TV show starring Vicki Lawrence?) a very happy Thanksgiving!!