Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Did You Ever Notice?


Smart female characters can start on a show with the focus not necessarily on their looks...












But then, all of the sudden, the make-up artists are brought in, the stylists, the trainers, the hair dressers, you name it.








I've starred in the Suburban Mom Show for a number of seasons now. Where's my entourage??


16 Deserve Mamma's Love:

coolbeans said...

Maybe the women decided to start their careers as assistant district attorney and unconvinced alien hunter (I don't know who the woman in the middle is) in a conservative, buttoned-up professional manner. Later, after finding their footing in their places of employment, they loosened up a bit. They let their hair down, pop out some boobage and start pole dancing in business meetings.

You know, just like in real life.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm ... Gillian Anderson, X-Files ... huh? What? Did you say something?

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I've often said that I would be HAWT if only I had a crewe whose only job they have is to make me look beautiful!

It's too exhausting to do on my own! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had artists make-ing me up daily...

PunditMom said...

After they stop by your house, can you send them over here? ;)

BOSSY said...

So. Annoying. Although Bossy is pretty sure their portrayal is close to reality because everybody working a crime scene has perfectly tousled hair and great shoes.

Lawyer Mama said...

When you get one, can I borrow your personal trainer?

Jennifer said...

Hmmm. Very interesting indeed.

I need a stylist, too, methinks.

Anonymous said...

My classic style of sweat pants and mom jeans are the look that NEVER goes out of style!

Can I complain here about Oprah's make over show last week? It was supposed to help ladies of a certain age (30s, 40s, 50s & 60s) look good and not so disheveled and crazy, but every woman had on high heels and skirts! These were stay at home moms. What the $*%&?!?!

Anonymous said...

Can I be the member of the group that yells "Yeah!"?

Em said...

I'm quite certain your personal assistants will be showing up any day now.

Vampdaddy said...

I second dorky dad!

kris said...

I'll be your Turtle.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I never noticed this! Weeeird. Very observant, you. Must be that new tv!

L said...

A little plastic surgery doesn't hurt either. Take a good, close look at the before and after of Scully. That's a little more than some good make up.
What kind of message really is being sent here?

dawn224 said...

How is it I totally can't recognize the second person...