Monday, November 26, 2007

I Thought She Had the Answers

I came across a headline this evening that caught my eye. I was visiting Penelope Trunk's blog via a link from Veronique about linking when I saw this (see how I followed her advice?).

Stop Worrying that Your Twentysomething is Lost

I thought, "Hmmm, I need to check this out. What's HER secret to not missing the possibilities that were my twenties."

And then I read the first words.

Here's an open letter to all the parents...
Oh she said "twentysomething IS lost" not twentysomething's ARE lost."

Harumph.

Then I tipped back the sleeve of crackers I was noshing on as I read wanting to get the last few morsels in the bottom and I proceeded to miss my mouth and dump the crumbs all over myself.

Most people would be glad they had done that in the privacy of their own home without so much as their spouse to witness it. Me? I'm a blogger. I use evidence of my own flakiness and inelegance to make the world feel better about itself--one reader at a time.

8 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Anonymous said...

I could feed a third world country when I upend my keyboard to get the crumbs out.

Lawyer Mama said...

I swear I do that all the time. You'd think I would learn my lesson, but nooooooo.

Anonymous said...

You know what's even dumber than that? Missing your mouth while drinking coffee and having to buy a new keyboard. I've done it. Twice.

Kimberly said...

I'm with you on the cracker noshing. It's the only way to blog ;-)

Stacey said...

Oh I so can identify. I'm all about writing about my oddities and such these last two days.

I like that making the world feel better about itself one reader at a time...damn wish I'd thought about it.

Maureen said...

OH, I've done the cracker thing too... and usually get just enough cracker dust and salt to fall to the back of my throat so I go into a spastic chocking attack, tears and all -- so fine to witness, BTW.

Julie Pippert said...

It's not a day if I don't end up with baby or dog snot on my clothes somewhere.

In other words?

I get it. :)

Julie
Using My Words

Mara Bee said...

D'oh! As I was reading, I was right there with you thinking the same thing...

Oh those twentysomething years...*sigh* I'm not sure my folks ever worried if I was lost or not, though. Maybe I was doing something wrong! LOL