Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Skinny

Two items today.

  1. From the Washington City Paper classifieds this week. Eating Disorder Support Group: Meets from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in the Holy Cross Hospital dining room. Um?
  2. An MFOM (Male Friend of Mamma) in New Orleans reported this week of having lunch in the same restaurant as Angelina Jolie. When questioned about her beauty his response was, "Her face is gorgeous, but she is so so thin that her body looks disgusting." I almost crawled through the phone to mount him right then and there.


14 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Jason Dufair said...

Hear hear. She really is too skinny. I hate that. And I don't personally find her that attractive. In fact, I'm not attracted to 90% of the people you see on the magazine covers. I wonder where the hell we, as a society, got our ideas about beauty from. They seem pretty alien to me.

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

In the dining room. Ha.

Last year, I played in a fundraising concert with John Tesh for the Alzhiemer's Association.

It was called, "An Evening to Remember."

Anonymous said...

Trouble is, she has a very big - er - head, which is a real proportion wrecker

OhTheJoys said...

"to mount him" - HA HA!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I agree, Angelina needs to eat a sandwich. She is quite beautiful!

truly said...

She's got that mysterious look that says, "I've got a food allergy that makes my lips angioedemic, but don't use that epi-pen because I love the look, even though my throat is tightening up and I can barely breathe." Ah - maybe that's why she can't eat, either.

Jessica Gottlieb said...

While dating HH said, "Models only appeal to gay men and other women. Guys like real women."

Clearly marriage material.

Unknown said...

Ugh. Thin is just wrong. Most men I've ever known like women with a little meat on the bones. I think Marylin Monroe was like a size 12 or something.

Yet if some of these women were to gain weight, the tabloids would be all over them, making smarmy comments.

Mitch McDad said...

Shit. Is that all you have to do to get mounted? I'm going to try that tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a few words requires a mounting. I'm SO with ya!

karrie said...

I'm still puzzled as to what the really skinny celebs order and actually eat when they're spotted having dinner or lunch. I mean, we're regaled with pictures of them sitting at tables, but do they eat or just stare down a bottle of Perrier? Ask your friend after you're done. :)

Ruth Dynamite said...

Yes - there is such as thing as too thin. I suspect Angelina is empathizing with the world's refugees a bit too much (not that empathy is a bad thing).

Kevin Charnas said...

Remember, my sweet thing. It's the size of your heart that matters. And I happen to like yours just as it is, triple XL.

Am I too mushy?

Maybe.

Do I mean what I say?

Yes.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I LOVE me a man who likes girls with a little meat on their bones! Luckily for me, Mr. Mayhem is not a fan of the waif look!


Angelina Jolie....ICK!