Monday, March 26, 2007

Reason #4,368,724 for Why I'm So Uncool

First, because I just used the word "uncool." Second, because I've been tagged for this meme by Karrie and Lotta, but if I fulfill the request well...you'll see.

Guidelines: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

So here it goes. I just hope you'll still respect me in the morning.

Extra Ordinary by Better Than Ezra-Fun tune, they're from Louisiana and Kevin Griffin is just plain hot! You should see him move when he croons. Mmmmm.

Joey by Concrete Blonde-Don't know what it is about this song. Brings me back.

Take It Out on Me (third song down) by Fred LeBlanc-The drummer/vocalist from Cowboy Mouth and Dash Rip Rock has done some solo albums. Another Louisiana boy. An old boyfriend turned me onto this song and I've loved it ever since.

Grace Kelly by Mika-I have Kevin Charnas to thank for this one. It's just so darn catchy.

Photograph by Nickelback-I've been a bit nostalgic for home lately. This song makes me think of...well it just makes me think.

Feeling Good by Nina Simone-Yeah the video here is from the promo for Six Feet Under, but I couldn't find a better one. Talk about sultry.

Baby Girl by Sugarland-Sorry, there's a brief ad in the beginning of this, but it's worth it!! If I could sing, I might like to have this woman's voice. Plus wait until you hear how she talks to her parents...a mother's dream.

So that's it. I've exposed you to a smattering of my musical taste. I really like almost all music. My iPod would make most people assume I suffered from a split personality. Come to think of it Shakey probably thinks I do.

I tag Canape as she's a musician and all, MamaLee since she always has good songs anyway, Kevin because I know he'll give us some nifty tunes, Slackermommy because there's a shark in her photo, my british friend--let's see if he can do it in 100 words or less, Dorky Dad just because I like tagging him and last but not least Mitch McDad because he might talk about vibrators.

Have fun!! Can't wait to see your lists.

8 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Mom O Matic said...

I'm so uncool that other than Joey and Grace Kelly I have no idea what those other songs are!

Unknown said...

Those are fine, fine tunes all. And this should be an interesting meme, since most of the music I listen to I stole from the library.

I'll post mine on Wednesday night.

And thank you for tagging me. I feel honored and special. And I might even tag other people with this one.

Anonymous said...

Naughty! You're messing with my diary mojo vibe. Nevertheless, I'll try and accommodate you, somehow

karrie said...

I love "Joey." Must go and download it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome list! The only one I hadn't heard was "Grace Kelly". I'll have to try that one out.

But for right now, I'm dusting off the cassette (yes, cassette) of Concrete Blonde!

Anonymous said...

We definitely share a taste for music. I'll have to listen to the ones I am unfamiliar with. Seeing how much you like NOLA rock, I am surpised you weren't a groupie along with me when Big Sun was around--they used to open for Dash Rip Rock and the Subdudes. Ahh, the good ole days!

Mitch McDad said...

That's a good list. I'll do mine soon....it's on my to do list.

Anonymous said...

Love your list!

You wouldn't believe all the different stuff I have and like... you are my music twin!

I'll get my meme up tomorrow! Thanks so much for the tag!

XOXO