Saturday, September 29, 2007

Quotes from Elizabeth Edwards

"I don't think we get the change we want unless we're willing to work for it.

I deal with supporters...I'm doing fundraising. People write a check and they think they've done their part. We're on a bad path right now. We need to be committed to working to make a change.

John is committed to that.

The way people run their campaign tells you a lot about them. Are they running a different campaign?

We have an opportunity for real change if we have someone who is dedicated to it. We can get more of the same. John isn't the flashiest candidate.

This campaign isn't about John Edwards as a person...if you don't like his hair cut...that isn't going to get us anywhere. If people are going to vote for him it's going to be about the ideas. Not about the person. That's why he got his policies out there early. All the rhetoric sounds the same, but it tells you something about the person when they run their campaign a particular way. It's not about the guy, it's about the vision.

You cannot sit on your hands and expect the change to happen.

If we get to Novemeber 2008 and have two candidates who aren't going to represent change, you're going to be sorry that you didn't do something when you had the chance. This isn't about February. This is about November. You have to do what you can now to start making changes."

3 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Tuesday Girl said...

Very well said.

Sue Doe-Nim said...

I'm not sure where I am on 2008 but I can tell you that I'd vote for Ms. Edwards.

Lucky you to have an audience with her.

It took me a while to get through all these posts but I like that they're disjointed and raw and real and live.

It makes me believe them more.

But I'm still quite the skeptic.

Unknown said...

My God, where have I been??? I missed your interview with Elizabeth Edwards?

I am ashamed.

That said, I'm glad I didn't have to do that. I interviewed Dan Quayle once. Stumbled all over myself.