Monday, September 24, 2007

My Pride Knows No Bounds

And I'm not talking about the 18" zucchini we just harvested from my garden--though the sucker is big.

No, tonight it's Mr. 5.

Mr. 5 is my son best characterized as a golden retriever (right now Mr. 11 is a whippet and Mr. 3 is a Jack Russell, but that's always subject to change). He's sweet and happy and full of love, and playing with my hair has always been his comforting device--even as far back as when I was nursing him in public.

Mr. 5 and I were laying in bed tonight. He played with my hair as I read him his story. Tonight's selection was Johnny Appleseed. We came to the part that described Johnny as a peace-loving pioneer who wanted all people to live together as brothers. And that's when Mr. 5 did it, when he made my heart swell. He stopped me and said, "and sisters too."

My budding feminist!

To top the whole evening off, he snuggled his nose up to mine as the story finished and told me he loved me. "I love you mama, so much."

Thank you my sweet boy. That is the best gift I could ever receive. I will love you forever.

18 Deserve Mamma's Love:

PunditMom said...

That's the best, isn't it?

Jill said...

Aw, so sweet. I just did a post (not published yet) in which I reference my daughter saying that very thing. I don't get that much sugar from my boys. What a lucky momma you are.

Lisa said...

Awwww. That is the sweetest little guy! Yeay YOU!

Unknown said...

Awwwwww ... see? Boys can be sweet. Sometimes. But it is possible ...

Gunfighter said...

Cute!

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Young grasshopper is learning well, I see.

He is such a sweetheart.

Lawyer Mama said...

WHat a sweetie pie! My heart is melting...

OhTheJoys said...

#5 rules.

Cara said...

That is so sweet. I live for those sweet cuddle times.

BOSSY said...

Neat comparisons. Bossy is a mutt - the mutt that inherited several nasty traits from several unknown sources.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That really is so sincerely sweet. And love the comparisons. Now you got me thinking . . .

Peg said...

awww...what a doll! And smart ;-)

the planet of janet said...

oh, sweeeeet! i love when my kids are like that.

Beth said...

A treasured moment.
And isn't it wonderful to have a blog where you can record these moments?
(Hope you back up your posts in Word!)

Julie Pippert said...

Oh beautiful...beautiful moment, beautiful child, beautiful retelling. :)

Julie
Using My Words

QT said...

ACK!! Cuteness overload!!

Nancy said...

Such a perfect way to end your day.

Jennifer said...

Great story, Mamma. It's what we all want out of motherhood, I think.