Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dear Future President...My Offer Still Stands

I am thrilled to have had the experience to hear Elizabeth Edwards answer our questions in our meeting with her today. My thoughts are racing after the call.

I would love to have the opportunity to talk to the other candidates. I wonder if I would be as excited about their campaigns after listening to them. If they don't reach out to us, we'll all be left with only this very positive experience upon which to make our decisions about who we'll vote for.

I have to say the Edwards campaign is not only the only campaign that's responded to our request to meet with them, they are the only campaign that has extended an invitation to have us blog for them...or the only invitation I've received as a mommy blogger.

I still haven't made up my mind. But if you aren't willing to talk to us Senators Obama, Clinton, Biden, Dodd or McCain, Mayor Guiliani or Governors Romney and Richardson how will we know that you deserve our vote?

14 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Special K ~Toni said...

OMG! I just read your open letter- LOVED IT!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

You go! I hope you get the chance to hear from more of them!

My little Mamma....all grown up and getting political! (hee-hee)

I remember the days when it was all about the nonsense! Wait a minute....that's my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

How cool. You have just played an important part in history.

I'm impressed with how well you live blogged this. That's some fast typing.

Peg said...

But if you aren't willing to talk to us Senators Obama, Clinton, Biden, Dodd or McCain, Mayor Guiliani or Governors Romney and Richardson how will we know that you deserve our vote?

Ah...the Million Dollar Question...

And I'm w/ slackermommy...live blogging is hard work. You did a great job!!

Kellyology said...

Exactly! Wouldn't be interesting if all of the candidates ignored us, and then the only one who didn't wins the nomination and then the presidency. Could we be the vote that puts certain hopefuls over the top?

bonggamom said...

I agree with all the previous commenters, you did a great job liveblogging, especially as it was over a crackly old speakerphone! And I love your last message to all the presidential candidates, I hope they pay attention!

Ian said...

You need not think of such things in the pride parade. The difference between political candidates means nothing. You are one of the good Little Folk. Come join us.

Lawyer Mama said...

Are they listening???? (Jumping up & down & screaming!)

flutter said...

This is so awesome...I love it!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

You really rule. I so applaud you for this. And that letter - brilliant.

Jen said...

I am so THRILLED! You guys got to speak to EE - way to go! Way to make them listen!

Jennifer said...

Just caught up...How exciting to have been involved with this!

I love your final statement about the other candidates being willing to talk. I couldn't agree more.

Stacey said...

Wow! Talk about the power of the internet.

What a wonderfully smart way to get your message across to certain communities (a la Clinton going on MTV & Arsenio Hall to appeal to the younger voters).
If the other candidates are smart they too will chime in. Can't wait to check back

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm firmly in the Edwards camp, I would love to hear the others as well, and write about them. I'm not sure why the campaigns think that bloggers begin and end with Daily Kos and other big blogs. Clearly, they are missing out.

Excellent liveblogging! You rock!