Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm Going to Need More Stationery

What a night of correspondence!

First, there was this comment from the CEO of this sex toy company that demanded my attention. Of course, I had to reply. It would have been rude not to.

I do wish she had read more carefully. I wasn't dissing the toy. I was merely shocked by the price, which I've subsequently discovered is in line with other toys of its caliber. I offered to try out some of their other fine products and review them. Who knows if they'll take me up on my offer. I will say the Jollie is far more fun that it first appears.

Then it was on to organizing a little get together at my house. No RSVPs so far, but I might vacuum if they take me up on the invite.

Shakey walked through the room as I was composing the invitation. I thought I should give him the head's up that I was inviting all of the viable presidential candidates to the house. You know, since he lives there and all. I got the typical response: head shake.

It stinks that I can't surprise him anymore.

Tonight the Southern Living at Home invitations go out. They have a great deal for hostesses on their fireplace screen this month. I'm such a sucker. Sorry to any of you who get the invitations. I swear you don't have to buy anything!! Just come over. I'll have drinks!

So that's what's been on my writing desk. Can you imagine if I had had to do this all with quill and ink? Yet another reason to be glad I wasn't born in the 1700's.

22 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Lawyer Mama said...

Well, I hope they take you up on your offer to review some toys. How cool would that be?!

And I am totally crashing the party at your house if the candidates show. I'll bring wine. I'll even upgrade from the Box 'O Wine to the stuff with a screw cap.

Nessa said...

If there are sex toys the politicians will come (he, he.)

Anonymous said...

It's so not fair that I don't live closer. Or close at all. I'd be there, absitively posolutely.

Blog Antagonist said...

Oh Darn, I must have missed the sex toy discussion. I'm off to check it out.

Arkie Mama said...

Just read the post & discussion.

I don't think your initial reaction was insulting at all -- for $150 that device had better be able to fly me to the moon.

Lady Latte said...

I am glad my favorite toy costs less since the favorite has to be replaced when it is all worn out.

Anonymous said...

So, you get to try out all these toys first???

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Sex toys and presidents? Sounds like a party to me. You can use the toys as party favors.

Ms. Skywalker said...

I just had a brainstorm.

Offer sex toys for all that vote.

Talk about "Rock" the vote.

You're a genius.

And I'm with you on the 1700's thing, although writing with quills is probably after toothpaste and running water.

QT said...

I agree that the CEO response was a bit defensive.

What she should have said was "You buy crap, you own crap."

I would SO be there for your party if I was around - I am up for free drinks anytime!

Jennifer said...

If I didn't live in Bumf*ck, AL, I'd come to your Southern Living party AND buy stuff.

Stacey said...

I wanna come to the party!

S said...

Funny, your comment about the 1700's, because this morning my laptop crashed with a possibly fatal problem, and I find that I can't do anything I need to do without it. HELP!

Lisa said...

You know, that "toy" is so odd looking, one could buy it and if one's MIL was nosing through the house, she may come across it but wouldn't have the faintest idea of what it was.... Hmmmm. :-)

Kellyology said...

Sucker! (That's in reference in getting baited into having an at home sale.) Of course if invited and I lived near you....I'd totally show up!

moosh in indy. said...

You know the conservatives would be first in line.

Kelly said...

For $150, I'd better have multiples, and then the toy should be able to light me a smoke and fix me a snack.

But glad it worked well!

Mom O Matic said...

Exactly what stationary DO you use when writing the CEO of a sex toy company? And she was a bit snitty.

Anonymous said...

Too funny that the Jollies CEO found your post!

So you tried it and like it? Is that the one that can be used with the bullet thingy that came in my bag?

Amy said...

The No. One reason I am glad I wasn't born in 1700?

The tampon.

Unknown said...

Hey ... where's my invitation? I didn't get one.

Must have been lost in the mail. I'm sure of it.

Anonymous said...

How about a sex toy party instead of Southern Living? That would get your friends a-buyin' and you'd damn sure get something better than a fireplace screen!