Monday, October 02, 2006

My Heart is Heavy


I had a few other things I was going to write about tonight--but I just can't. I am just so disturbed by today's shooting in PA. What is this world coming to if young children are not safe in a one-room Amish schoolhouse?!

I don't pretend to be an authority on the Amish. But from my limited knowledge it's pretty clear they leave everyone alone and offend no one. These people have chosen a life of simplicity. Can you imagine the horror they are facing trying to make sense of the unthinkable?

I can't.

Whenever a child dies I am shaken--and more so since becoming a mother--but this killing of the most innocent of innocents? I truly worry about the world we are creating.

Today the world seems grim. Our children are not safe in school, food is not safe in the grocery store, we have pedophiles running the Congressional task force for missing and exploited children and we continue to pour our nation's money into a war with no end. My children are 2, 4 and 10. Shall I start apologizing now for the world we're leaving them?

Does anyone else notice? Does anyone else care?

0 Deserve Mamma's Love: