Monday, November 20, 2006

A Question For You

Day 20
Mood: Ready for bed

So there is some drawback to people you know in your everyday life reading your blog. There are topics I'd like to open up for discussion that I'm not sure will send the right message to those who know me. I am weighing the pros and cons of introducing these topics because I think they will provide for a lively discussion, and I'm hoping to hear other perspectives on them. But I don't want to unnecessarily worry anyone or start any tongues wagging.

Are you a blogger? Have you felt this same dilemma? I've considered starting another completely anonymous blog to have a place to say whatever I wanted, but keeping up two blogs seems like a bit of an undertaking right now. Who knows.

Are there things you don't discuss on your blog? Are there certain parts of your life that are off limits? Do you ever feel like your blog doesn't reflect the whole of you because of this? Does that feel false? Is a blog supposed to be a place where you can say anything?

What do you think?

2 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Eric said...

I know the feeling of worrying about exposing too much of your personal life on your blog. While it may seem like I just throw it all out there on my blog, I really do hold back. My wife (Jill) also tends to rein me in.

I like the idea of an anonymous blog. I'll have to look into that . . .

Anonymous said...

I will try to be less judgmental. :-) Let it all out!

(I was kind of worrying about the fact that you were going to complain publicly about my utter lack of fashion sense in Palm Beach, but I think I can take it.)