Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Oh Crap!

Day 22
Mood: Rested

It's day 22 and I almost forgot to post tonight. How many days do "they" say it takes to form a habit? 28? Great, just when I get used to this whole post a day thing it will be time to stop. Well, I guess I don't have to stop posting every day once December rolls around...but I'm really not sure I'd have something to say every day for another thirty days. And I know there are a number of you out there saying "you haven't had much to say for these last 22 days." I appreciate you hanging with me. I have to say thanks to my favorite new Google tool--Analytics--I can obsess all day about how many readers I have and where they're coming from.

It was a rainy, cold day here in VA. In a way, it's perfect weather for the Thanksgiving holiday. We're supposed to sit in the house, eat food and watch football right? You wouldn't want it to be gorgeous outside, then you'd just feel like a sloth for lounging on the couch. This way--with the sucky weather--we have an excuse. In an early nod to tomorrow's theme, I'm grateful that we have family close by and that I didn't have to brave the highways or airports this weekend. I'm all about the no traveling around the holidays excuse we now have because we have three kids. Though if someone was going to offer me an all expenses paid trip back down to The Breakers, I'd be at the airport in a flash. I'm still missing that twice a day maid service. I can't quite get my boys convinced that this would be a good habit to start.

Oh, I noticed a weird thing when I was at my parent's house. Wouldn't you think you'd get your preference for how the toilet paper goes on the holder from your parents? I did. But APPARENTLY I was wrong. I was using my parent's guest bathroom when I noticed that the paper hung down off the back of the roll--not over the front! Now I still have to check with mom. It's entirely possible that this was the doing of dear ole dad, but let's be real...that would mean he actually thought about putting the paper on the holder. Don't know about your house, but in ours...I'm not really sure what my boys (all of them) think that little bar next to the toilet is for (other than balance for our newest potty-trained friends). I just find it hard to believe that I grew up with a paper down the back mom and somehow transformed to an adament over the top kind of girl. Sheesh, you think you know someone!


End Note: I titled this post before I ever even thought about writing about the toilet paper. That was just a funny coincidence I realized once I saw the photo near the title. Made me giggle.

1 Deserve Mamma's Love:

karrie said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! :)