Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Boys Have Their Own Paparazzi

I've always wanted to be an artist. I love the idea of throwing myself into the creative process and producing something that appeals to me.

My mom, she IS an artist. She creates and sells incredible paintings.

I've tried. I can't.

In all honesty, I don't possess the patience (oh okay, nor the skill) to work for hours or days coaxing an image onto a canvas.

I'm an immediate gratification kind of girl, so digital photography?? My kind of art. And lucky me, the hubs got tired of being hit over the head with hints surprised me with a new SLR for Christmas.

I've been experimenting.




But I had originally wanted the camera to capture my boys faces. So you can imagine how psyched I was when Hipmommy (thanks Hipmommy!!) was hosting a contest on her site to win a copy of Photographing Your Family. It's jam packed with terrific examples, easy to digest information about shooting people and creating interesting photos--and it even includes information about using editing software to make your photos even better.

Now I haven't gotten to editing these yet, other than cropping them, but I've been pretty happy with the lessons I've learned so far.





15 Deserve Mamma's Love:

amy turn sharp said...

beautiful boys!!!!

Beth said...

Children are THE best subjects - especially when you catch them in such uninhibited, natural poses.
And you did!
(Gorgeous boys.)

Paige Jennifer said...

Why is it every picture I've ever taken of my niece and nephew is either (a) a total blur of motion or (b) has them half out of the frame as they dart in the direciton of something more entertaining?

PS: Your insomnia turns you into my ideal PR woman.

MommyHeadache said...

Beautiful pics of your boys, and I love the one of the statue. I am an artist and a good painter. My problem is I never want to give the pictures away or sell them. I'm too emotionally connected to them!

PunditMom said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful boys. Hey, we need a photography club!

Liv said...

Oh, the jealousy! I'd love a DSLR. Fantastic!

Nancy said...

Kids are the best focal point in any photo, yours are indeed, handsome little boys!

josetteplank.com said...

omg, those boys are gorgeous!

And lucky you with a new camera! I'm green with envy!

Loralee Choate said...

I am so tactile-challenged it is just SAD, but I still am lusting after a Nikon D40.

Sigh...

Anonymous said...

Such sweet boys! Thanks for the book tip - I think I'm going to have to buy that one.

Lisa said...

Awww. You've got some very handsome men in your life.

C. said...

I do believe you have found your talent! LOVE the pictures!!! YEAH! Doesn't it make you happy to capture that joy forever??! I smiled WITH the pictures! My kids HATE my camera now. Heh.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

gorgeous! You have talent *and* great models.

Mom O Matic said...

Those are fantastic!

Sue Doe-Nim said...

Well, I'll say it since everyone else has enough tact to sidestep the elephant in the living room.

How?