Sunday, March 16, 2008

*grumble grumble* Morning

I've treated my body and face as the enemy for so long. They always disappointed me. I'm always trying to change them. I've never been willing to love them for who they are.

It's pretty hard to properly nurture someone you don't love.

Over these past few weeks, I've been more dependent on parts of my body I hadn't given much thought to previously. Not being able to use one part has forced me to develop a relationship with others.

And you know what I discovered? They were here for me all along, and I took them forgranted.


Well no more.

It's time for me to alter my expectations, come to terms with a few things and appreciate what I have.

So here's a start.

Me. Unadulterated. With a side of sleep.


I have to thank a number of cool chicks for the inspiration.

IzzyMom

Thanks for the inspiration ladies. I think every single one of you is gorgeous.


33 Deserve Mamma's Love:

flutter said...

You are beautiful, seriously. Not an ounce of makeup and you are simply lovely.

Ruth Dynamite said...

You're beautiful AND brave, my dear.

Kimberly said...

You look a hell of a lot more bushy-tailed than I do in mine! And I'm not even going to go into how much I covet those eyebrows. :)

amy turn sharp said...

yr a stunner gal
xo

Beth said...

You look wonderful! Absolutely lovely. (I'm going to say "cute," too - sorry if you don't like that expression...)
And, yes, do appreciate every part of your body. Trust me. If it's workin', it's golden!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I officially don't like you anymore. :) You look fantastic. I'm totally jealous. I completely wimped out on posting a pic of my pimply, no makeup sleep face.

Daisy said...

Gutsy! I don't have the courage. Pre-coffee, even pre-contact lenses? Youch.

Blog Antagonist said...

You and all those ladies are so brave. Me? Not so much. But look at your gorgeous blue eyes and perfect eyebrows! You got nothing to be disappointed about girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

You really have nothing to be disappointed in! Glad you are learning to love all your 2000 parts!

Mrs. Flinger said...

Oh, we could've TOTALLY been roommates at blogher! You're a-freaking-dorable in the morning. I say banish makeup for good and let's go party.

Anonymous said...

You are stunning! This looks so different from any other picture I've ever seen of you (but not in a bad way). Love your blue eyes...

Unknown said...

Are you wearing a bathrobe? Is that a blue bathrobe? I didn't know that people actually wore them unless they were on a television show or a commercial. Did you dunk that string in the toilet?

And you totally don't need makeup, by the way.

Steve said...

You look hot, I'd date you. OK true, we'd never have sex. Then we might as well be married. That would probably be worse because I'm a blanket hog in bed. Plus I'm going to school and you've already done that route once.

Wow, I'm not very motivating, am I?

Tell you what, just be my date to Bon Jovi instead. :)

melody said...

Well, I think you're cute as a bug. A cute bug, though.

Anonymous said...

So when do we find out how you broke your ankle?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Look how beautiful you are....Your eyes...Stunning!

Amie Adams said...

You guys are so darn nice.

And I'm not really that brave. I go to work most days without make-up. I enjoy that extra time of sleep too much.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I don't mean to sound freakish, but your eyebrows look badass in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to meet you for any early breakfasts at Blogher, even without makeup you'd make me look bad! :P

Paige Jennifer said...

You know how some people have only a kickass personality but are just blah in the appearance department? And then there are others who are strikingly beautiful but are as interesting as an ice cube? You offer the best of both and wrap it up with a bow of sass. This is why I heart you.

I refer to your phenomenon as 'friend colored glasses' - sometimes I wish I could see me the way friends see me.

C. said...

You my dear are gorgeous, there is NOTHING for you to NOT love!!!

Ally said...

What's up with this! No make-up, roll out of bed, and THIS is what you look like? I say don't ever bother getting dolled up then, cuz you look beautiful as is.

Anonymous said...

I love the friend colored glasses thing! Perfect.

And if Mamma could see herself through my friend colored glasses, she'd see an awesome mom, balancing a whole lotta crap, who keeps a great sense of humor in a world without a lot of it!

Karen Bodkin said...

SO lovely, just like your personality. I finally caved and did it too.

Anonymous said...

Should I include mine?

You, my dear, are BE-UUUUUUUUtiful. :)

Anonymous said...

My God! That is you just out of bed? You look great! Not only are you tall, but you look great in the morning. I am so jealous.

Lisa said...

You are beautiful darlin! I covet your hair and eyebrows!

Anonymous said...

Mamma, you're beautiful!

hollibobolli said...

you still look cute.
x

Sharpie said...

Just cruising over from White Trash Mom and I love this post. It is so very hard for us to actually say those words and it resounded loudly with me. I found myself in the place over the last few months as I have decided to love me also, take back my power and stop being the big fat ass I had become (not by accident).

Rock on - you are beautiful!

Sharpie said...

Just cruising over from White Trash Mom and I love this post. It is so very hard for us to actually say those words and it resounded loudly with me. I found myself in the place over the last few months as I have decided to love me also, take back my power and stop being the big fat ass I had become (not by accident).

Rock on - you are beautiful!

Sharpie said...

Just cruising over from White Trash Mom and I love this post. It is so very hard for us to actually say those words and it resounded loudly with me. I found myself in the place over the last few months as I have decided to love me also, take back my power and stop being the big fat ass I had become (not by accident).

Rock on - you are beautiful!

Sharpie said...

Just cruising over from White Trash Mom and I love this post. It is so very hard for us to actually say those words and it resounded loudly with me. I found myself in the place over the last few months as I have decided to love me also, take back my power and stop being the big fat ass I had become (not by accident).

Rock on - you are besutiful!