Friday, April 11, 2008

What DIDN'T I Do?

Children, this is your mother.

You may have found my blog.

You may think this is your ticket to throwing my past in my face to exonerate you from all laws that apply to you, but you're wrong, wrong, wrong.

You see your mother was a well-behaved teenager, she never did drugs, she never had sex, she never snuck out of the house, she never drove before she got her license and she especially never wore horrible fashions or thought big hair was hot.

NEVER.

And this is all true because it is in writing--here on my blog.

Now step away from the computer and go get mommy some of her special juice--and don't forget the lime.

*********************
This week's Friday Flashback asked What did you do (or not do) at your prom. Not wanting to tarnish my pristine reputation, I stand behind the words above and will also swear that my marriage is perfect, my children always behave, my house is always clean and I'm really happy with my current weight.

Check out these other fine friends who are participating as well.

Mrs. Flinger
Oh, The Joys
Mamalogues
Julie

24 Deserve Mamma's Love:

flutter said...

You were like, totally boring. *snirk*

Day Dreamer said...

I'm in sooo much trouble if my kids behave like I did.

Yikes! (They will NOT be able to get away with much, tho!)

Chris H said...

OOOO my kids read my blog... now what can I put on there to totally gross them out ? Ha ha.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I did not have sex on prom night...not for lack of trying on someone's part (not me)...however...I did make out with my friend's date (the sex trier) and I did shoot rum for the first time!

GOOD LORD....I hope my kids are not like me!

PS: My friend's date was just a friend of her...lest I sound EVEN worse than I already do! :)

Naomi from IttyBiz said...

Ooh, I love prom stories. I didn't go to mine -- my school was far too inner city hip to have time for things like proms -- so I love hearing the stories from other people. Ahh, proms.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say I didn't have sex at prom (but only because here we call it "grad"...)

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I wish I had participated in then prom horror story thing because then I would have wrote about how I got so drunk my date had to drive me home and on the way I threw up in my car. Oh the hilarity. I love never having to live that down.

E-Lo said...

Ooh, good idea... I'll have to write the same kind of post on my blog for my daughter to find someday! :)

Mrs. Flinger said...

I love that "Hi, you find mah blog" LOL. I think of that. They'll love you for THIS one. ;-)

thanks for playing!!

C. said...

You made me dig up my old prom pics. I had a long, hard laugh. Maybe, MAYBE I'll post them. Just because I had the SAME blue eyeshadow. ;)

Anonymous said...

No sex on prom night because my date and I got so drunk that we had a huge misunderstanding and he LEFT me at the hotel. I had to call my mom in the morning to come pick me up. Talk about a walk of shame! Eek!

Anonymous said...

You...you are so funny.

Maureen said...

Hah! Yeah, my daugher reads my blog as well... so I have to be careful of what I'll admit to.

karrie said...

Those prom pics still make me smile.

Nan Sheppard said...

Heh! My family and even my husband's work buddies read my blog. I blog with care.

Lisa said...

Don't forget... You always eat your veggies and you never forget to brush you teeth before bed. ;-)

Arkie Mama said...

*snort*

So how much special juice did you imbibe before posting this?! :)

Unknown said...

I actually had a pretty enjoyable prom night, except I danced like an idiot and my girlfriend kept trying to get me to stop.

Loralee Choate said...

My children know I have a blog and they know I will send them back to where they came from if they read it.

My biggest problem is that they do outrageous things in the name of being written about (Which I NEVER do to reward them.) Thankfully, they are finally cluing in that the only things I write about will be genuine, so the antics are dying down.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

My kids know about my blog.

Thankfully, they still think I shoot moonbeams and rainbows out my arse and aren't looking for the dirt.

Yet.

Lawyer Mama said...

Ooh, what is this Friday flashback & how do I play????

Sex on prom night? Um, no. But only because we shared a hotel room with 2 other couples. And we'd been going at it like rabbits for a year and a half already.

Can't say that on my blog though!

Feel free to confess your sins in the comment section of mine. (-;

Anonymous said...

Your kids WILL need therapy...it's just a question of when and for how long. Even though your disclaimer is quite credible...please remember that our children are the paybacks we get from our parents. Clearly you and I are in for it. Hee hee! Love this post.

Anonymous said...

PS What is Friday Flashback and how do I play, says WTM? I hope I can cling on to the popular girls just one more time...

Shalet said...

I hope my children do not find my blog either ... at least not for several more years. :o)