Sunday, December 31, 2006

HA-PPY New Year!

Happy New Year everyone (all five of you)!

Here at Mamma's house we've had a fun-filled holiday of one illness after another. I think it's a hint that no family should spend 10 days cooped up in the same house together (can you tell I'm ready for school to start again?). Currently we have Mr. 2 recovering from a misdiagnosed case of Hand, Foot, Mouth (doc thought it was just impatigo) and now Shakey's nursing a full blown episode of it himself. Of course, Mamma had herself a little case of strep the week before Christmas just so as no one in the family thought she couldn't empathize. So far Mr. 4 and Mr. 10 are symptom free, but there's still time!!

We're on our third viewing of Cars today--Mr. 2 loves to rock out to the music and has started the trek down the long road of the male tradition of quoting movie lines. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he demands to watch Fletch over and over again.

We may be in trouble with Mr. 2 as he's already figured out how to read the directions for his transformers so that he can insist that we change their shape over and over again. He just came up to me directions in hand to show me how to make the change that I swore couldn't be done.

He was right. I'm sure that won't be the last time.

So we're off to friends for the second annual New Years Eve Fondue Extravaganza. Cheese, meat and chocolate...who can't love that?! I'm trying out the new Mike-aritas tonight. I'm determined to have fun!

Hope you have a safe, happy and healthy new year!!!!

6 Deserve Mamma's Love:

OhTheJoys said...

Happy New Year to you too! I hope you have fun!

Jill said...

Just don't let Mr. 2 get his hands on Caddyshack.

Happy New Year's!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Bueller? Bueller?

Anonymous said...

Fondue extravaganza.

I am soooo jealous.
Happy New Year!

Girlplustwo said...

nothing says new year like melted cheese...

enjoy.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Cheese.

Everything is better with cheese. And it coats a sore throat, so it's a win/win situation.

Happy New Year!