Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Does My Fat Ass Make My Ass Look Fat?

Day 35
Mood: Frustrated

Someone needs to let the children know that Mamma's back on her low-carb diet and she's gone a whole week without losing A pound. That same someone needs to explain why this makes Mamma un-happy! And we all know the saying: When Mamma Ain't Happy Ain't Nobody Happy.


UGH! I've been really good for an entire week, back on the old Atkins plan. It's worked like a charm in the past. But this time...nothing, not a single pound lost. I'd like to blame it on my scale, but I'm not sure I want to know if it is broken because maybe I'm starting off even heavier than I thought--perish the thought!

I have a friend who has been training for a marathon and he just informed me that he's lost three clothing sizes since his training's begun. As much as I don't really enjoy exercising for exercise sake, I have to say this information has been nagging me. Three sizes is quite a bit. But is it enough motivation to get up and get out of the house to jog in 30 degree weather? The jury's still out. But I am thinking about it....

3 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Eric said...

I would avoid the exercise thing, if I were you. There has GOT to be a better way to lose weight than through exercise, doesn't there? Stay strong!

OhTheJoys said...

I have been the undisputed queen of weight watchers for about six months. I've actually lost a lot of weight, so that is good, but can you remind me what a carb is?

Anonymous said...

I don't do well on the low carb diets. They make me a raving bitch and usually give me a migraine. I need the mood and sugar stabilization of some complex carbs.