Sunday, February 04, 2007

His Royal Purpleness

The powers that be that put on the Super Bowl need to offer Prince whatever he wants to perform at the halftime show FOREVER!!

Despite not being a Minnesoooootan, I'm a big fan! And he did not disappoint tonight!

Billy who?

The little man rocked!!

Did you catch the part with the big white sheet and the silhouette? It's probably the tallest Prince has ever been. Shakey wondered aloud if the same trick would work to make one's penis look bigger. Just as he uttered it, Prince turned sideways and proved the hypothesis true--oh wait that was his guitar.

8 Deserve Mamma's Love:

LID said...

Joel... Billy Joel... Native Long Islander! He may be old, he may not have any voice left... but he's ours, for better or worse!

Must've been the guitar, LOL!

Unknown said...

I only caught half of Billy Joel's anthem ... but it was too much for me.

As a Minnesooooootan, I'm required by law to like Prince. It's a rule here. You have to check a box when you get your license attesting to his greatness.

Anonymous said...

Billy Joel's version of the National Anthem was a bit dry, but I still say he's one of my fave musicians.

And Prince? OMG. Think of this, those songs were over 20 years old, and they still sounded great, as did he. He was professional, and he didn't flash a boob. I was VERY impressed.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I caught the guitar thing too! Funny how there was no outcry about THAT! I also have to laugh because that was about all of the Superbowl I did see-too busy watching Old School...

Anonymous said...

Prince loves to use his guitar in phallical ways. That's why we love him so.

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Totally agree. On both the Prince and Billy Joel posts.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I was LOVING me some Prince last night! Of course, since I have "heard" that he is such a diva....I was chuckling to myself thinking how much he must have been HATING the rain!


PS: Yep, I'm an LSU alum! I graduated in '95. I spent many a Mardi Gras partying with some Tulane peeps! Of course, now my celebrating has diminished considerably! (kids and all!)
I actually got married the day LSU played Tulane in a home game. That was 10 years ago....and I STILL hear about it! ( People having to miss the game and all!)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Prince does not look like he's aged in 20 years!