Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Not a Red or Blue State

Driving along on my way to work this morning I was daydreaming and thinking about Florida. The weather was grey and chilly and I was imagining the warm touch of the sun on my skin.

I know I moved away from my home town as soon as I could, but there's still a soft spot in my heart for a few things St. Pete.

Anyway, you know how you get in the zone when you're driving a route you travel often? I had just gotten on the highway when all of the sudden I noticed that I was surrounded by white cars. Of course, white cars make me think of Florida. They always jumpt out of me when I'm home for a visit. White just doesn't seem to be the color of choice for drivers here in the mid-Atlantic states. So when I all of the sudden felt like a golden chariot riding through white puffy clouds, I took note.

Then the car behind me on the left pulled up in front of me. And where was the license plate from? You got it--Florida.

I love starting my day with a chuckle.

11 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Unknown said...

You ever go to Fark? They have a "Florida" tag specifically for really, uh ... odd ... events.

Lisa said...

HOW funny is that!

Was in New Orleans awhile back. THought of you lots while there.

Paige Jennifer said...

But the real question is this - did the driver's head clear the steering wheel? If not, then the Florida plate and white car are TOTALLY wasted on this person.

Kevin Charnas said...

I'm glad that it was a "chuckle" and not a ticket. I really thought that you were going to say that in your daydreaming, you were doing 90 or something and didn't realize it. and that the white car was a highway patrol car...

One time I saw a car completely tailgating another car and I thought; "What an asshole!" and as I pulled up alongside to yell at the person being so aggressive, I realized that no one was IN THE CAR!!!

It was being TOWED by the car in front of it. That's close.

Lawyer Mama said...

Too funny and then Kevin just made me snort!

BOSSY said...

Bossy thought maybe you were going to say that suddenly you were surrounded by white cars, and they were State Troopers, and they were pulling you over and searching your trunk and... aw, Bossy better quit renting Boy Movies.

Maureen said...

Did you hear that white has taken over from silver as the car color of choice this year? Silver has had the title for a long time... and I am visiting Milwaukee for a computer course at GE and my instructor is from.... you got it.

Florida.

Freaky.

Mrs. Fussy Fussypants said...

I liked Bossy's idea. Hah.

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale last Christmas. I was way odd to have a hot, sunny Christmas!

Chris Cactus said...

When I daydream like that I just miss turns and end up late wherever I'm going.

karrie said...

Yesterday on the drive between Knoxville and Memphis I saw:

- a man on a motorcycle fly past me at 100mph and then get less than a foot from a tractor trailer truck, whose draft he rode for miles.

-a house on wheels/oversized load thing that insisted on passing and exceeding the speed limit. It almost ran me, and several others, off the road.

-followed by a miniscule truck with only 3 wheels, on the same highway. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Victoria said...

Too. Funny. White cars and blue hair. Love it.