Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cue the Mommy War

The mommy wars draw lots of attention. People like nothing more than women fighting whether it's over a man or about how to raise children or in mud.

I hate nothing more.

As women, we moved apart during the Industrial Revolution. We moved to cities--away from our families and away from the women who were our support systems. The focus of our attention became the men who brought home a paycheck. We began to see one another as a threat rather than an extension of our network.

That's just dumb (my intelligence is blinding, no?).

I say this all in an effort to mitigate any comments that might be made about what I am about to write next.

cue the whining...

It's summer. My kids are home. Family events are taking place. The weather is gorgeous. My garden needs attention. My house is a mess.

I WANT TO STAY HOME. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE OFFICE ANYMORE.

Stupid money and bills and luxuries and travel. If it weren't for you, I'd be job-title free!

And poor.

Oh well. Back to work.

10 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Busy Mom said...

I hear ya, Sista!

Anonymous said...

You're reading my mind.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Wow, are we ever on the same page. I posted a whiny tweet about how much I could get done if it weren't for this damn JOB - probably as you were writing this post.

Magpie said...

I know just this feeling.

My husband changed jobs last fall, and I had hopes of "retiring" or taking a sabbatical. One thing led to another, and he's out on disability, so, no sabbatical for me.

Sigh.

{sue} said...

Although occassionally I dream of nice shoes and talking to grownups, the summer is when I am reminded that I am really glad I am able to be home right now. It won't last forever, so I need to enjoy it while I've got it!

Great post!

Listen Up, MoFos! said...

I am the main wage-earner in our house and it is the worst. I just want to have time with my daughter, play, make jewelry, read, and CLEAN THE FREAKING HOUSE! I'd give anything to be able to stay home. You are most certainly not alone in this!

Annie said...

Maybe the grass is always greener? I am at home and I'm kinda sorta counting the days til school starts!

Mocha said...

A-freaking-men. Super sick of these twats coming in, starting fights, picking sides, and then leaving destruction in their wake.

To them I say: Go away, stupid people. We have writing to do here.

Kevin Charnas said...

I couldn't agree with you more on all accounts.

I'm sorry, my friend...

GIANTS FAN said...

This is a great site you have here. I have a humor blog myself and I would like to exchange links with you. You can contact me through either email or a comment placed on my site. Let me know if this is possible. Jason

http://www.hilariousheadlines.com/talk