Saturday, October 07, 2006

How My Brain Works


I just got chuckled at. Chuckled!! You share you thoughts with someone and they chuckle at you.

I just told my hubs that I think in my next life I want to live a life like Dave Grohl--and he chuckled at me. What? I ask. He just shakes his head and laughs and say "the oddities that run through your head. The tangents your thoughts run off on and the depth to which they run--I mean if God asked you, you have it all figured out who you want to come back as. You have it all justified."

So I think Dave Grohl seems to have a good life. So I put a little thought into that. It really only took the walk from the couch to the kitchen to come up with it. It's not like I've been studying him. Though I might have to Google him now just to find out more.

But here's my reasoning.

For the record, I don't know much about Dave Grohl except that:

  • he's cute
  • he rocks out
  • he seems like he enjoys life
  • he seems like a pretty normal guy

{I honesly don't if any of the above are true except the cute part--and even that is cute in a 90's rocker sort of way. I'm typically not a fan of facial hair, but further research on Google images reveals that he should keep his.}

Okay, so he achieved rocker status as a part of Nirvana (a band I really never got in to) and then survived oblivion after death of Kurt Cobain and formed the Foo Fighters (who I really do like). He's big enough to be on MTV, get radio play, yet down to earth enough that he still hangs out in his old neighborhood. I've seen him walking around Alexandria (he grew up here I think) and at restaurants with his friends. And he's got a beautiful family.

What's not to like about his life? He's famous/rich enough to hop a plane and hang out backstage at cool shows whenever he feels like it, but he's also mild enough to walk around his hometown without attracting ridiculous attention. It's through the aforementioned sightings that I've determined he seems pretty normal. And if you're going to come back to live a rock and roll lifesyle I think it would be better to do it as a man. The women don't seem to fare as well. Sheryl Crow seemed to be on track, but now she's covering Rod Stewart songs?!

Now if there is a bad story about him...I don't want to know. Or maybe I should. I mean what if I do get in front of God and end up choosing to go back as someone with a well-conceled heroin addiction? There would be some highschool teacher's voice in my head saying--"you really should have done your homework."

2 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Girlplustwo said...

i say love him anyways, even if you do learn about his evils.
first time commenting by the way - i enjoyed finding your blog.

Anonymous said...

Well, I never would have thunk it--Dave Grohl. You are full of surprises. Plus, I learned something new: He's from Alexandria. Cool.