Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Moms on the Town

What do you get when you bring together a bunch o' mammas (w/o kids), some libation and designated drivers?

That was my Friday night with the DC Metro Moms.

(you might be wondering if that is really grey hair at my roots, but I swear it's just one single bright light shining on my head and only my head--I swear!!)

Every time I get together with this amazingly beautiful, smart and hysterical group of women, I wonder who in the hell ever invited me (oh yeah, hi Jill, Beth and Tekla!!! *waves*).

I could have used another three hours to really get the chance to talk to everyone in there, but I was too busy stalking Aimee, Jessica, Diana, KC, Leticia, Stacey, Stacy and Kim; hugging on Sandie; patting the bellies of Victoria and Kristen; trying to prevent Devra, Sarah and Jodi from taking over the bar; embarrassing myself with tales of sex toys in front of Jess or yelling at Linda from across the room, I had a terrific time.


Of course I need to say a special thanks to Nicole for putting together such a great party and to GM for graciously sponsoring it.

(for the record this photo is right side up on my computer but Blogger isn't cooperating--seems to appropriate for a photo of Dev anyway, doesn't it?)

Oh and to my loser friends who couldn't make their way out to Tyson's on Friday (Steph, Joanne, Kimberly, Susan) well... see if I stalk you next time.

13 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Kimberly said...

So sorry I missed the cool kids party. Really, why don't you give me a paper cut and then squeeze lemon juice in it??

Or can we just have a party on a FREAKING Saturday sometime??!!!

Ack.

flutter said...

awwww look at you all, look at KC she is so beautiful.

and pardon me, but where are you and your fantastic boobs?

jodifur said...

I did not take over the bar! I deny that entirely.

Anonymous said...

So glad you could make it-

I love Mama Loves-

There's a cute pic of you on my blog post :)

-Nicole (not Robin :)

Devra said...

Didn't you want me to hold up that Traverse literature and give you a sideway's glance?

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

So great to meet you!! You staged an amazing group pic--I'm impressed! And, I'll vouch for that one random light on your head--so wierd! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I missed you all so much!

Justice Fergie said...

great to finally meet ya! next time i'll try to actually keep my eyes OPEN for a picture. darn that wine.

sam {temptingmama} said...

Um, I was totally wondering if those were your roots. So funny that you put that comment under the photo. LOL

Looks like you had a great time! *jealous*

Jessica McFadden said...

the sex toys, #oot/%kast %etish and stripper talk? I HAVEN"T HAD so much fun in ages. Honey, I usually only get to talk about library storytimes!!!!!
xoxoox

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Jealous.......SO STINKING JEALOUS!

Glad to hear you all had fun!

PunditMom said...

HEY! I was away last weekend! But you KNOW I wanted to be there! But I'm OK if with you stalking me anytime!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics!

[waves from Jersey]

Glad to see you ladies had a great time, sort of ;o)