Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I Have a Hard Enough Time Believing I'm a Parent

Rick and George* were quite the stoners in high school.

Both great guys, they were pretty easy-going--you know the weed and all--friendly, quick to laugh--again with the weed--fun--even without the weed (I mean I think I saw them when they weren't stoned)--bright--despite the weed--athletic--and that's tough with the weed--and they were friends of mine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that George and Rick smoked a little dope back in the 80's.

Tonight I spoke to George for the first time in ten years. With what I assume was a completely straight face, he told me about a recent conversation he had with Rick.

Apparently, Rick was experiencing a dilemma and needed some advice. Rick wanted to know if George thought it would be okay to let his 13 y.o. son go see Clerks 2.

Let me paint this for you in a slightly different way.

Bill and Ted have kids of their own and consult with each other on how best to raise them.

*Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

10 Deserve Mamma's Love:

Whit said...

Hey, they have a valid point. I did a bit of stuff I shouldn't back in the day and my kids won't see Clerks 2 until they're 18.

K said...

HA! That is some funny stuff! Even though I have no idea what this "weed" is. *snort*

Anonymous said...

Bwaha!! I have friends like this too!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

All my husband's fraternity brothers are having kids. It's just like that!

Kellyology said...

I think I knew these guys. I too was a little surprised that they were able to procreate.lol

Anonymous said...

Excellent

Meg said...

I wonder if I know who they are. We had so many. Let me see.....

l,
meg

Kristin said...

As long as they don't let them see Clerks 1... "Try not to suck any dick on your way through the parking lot!" is a hard line to try and explain away...

Jessica Gottlieb said...

Give them my phone number, because I've been stalking Tommy Chong ever since I saw Up In Smoke with my Mom.

I was 10.

Jane said...

That's so funny! But now their kids will learn everything about weed on the streets! Clerks is a much better educational tool.